Films & Other Videos
Films with: MacKay, George
- Best of men
- The story of one remarkable doctor as he transforms the standards of care for paraplegics. Arriving at England's Stoke Mandeville Hospital in 1944, Doctor Ludwig Guttmann reinvigorates the lives of his staff and patients with one daring move: he introduces athletics into the rehabilitation plan of his patients, paralyzed soldiers who have been cast-off and are facing death from neglect. Using sports, his patients learn to build not only physical strength, but self-respect and a sense of fulfillment. This film tells the true story of the Paralympic Games as well as celebrating the work of Dr. Guttmann, who started it all.
- DVD 10797
- Captain Fantastic
- Deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, isolated from society, a devoted father dedicates his life to transforming his six young children into extraordinary adults. But when a tragedy strikes the family, they are forced to leave this self-created paradise and begin a journey into the outside world that challenges his idea of what it means to be a parent and brings into question everything he's taught them.
- DVD 11893
- How I live now
- Set in the near-future UK; Daisy, an American teenager sent to stay with relatives in the English countryside. Initially withdrawn and alienated, she begins to warm up to her charming surroundings, and strikes up a romance with the handsome Edmund. But on the fringes of their idyllic summer days are tense news reports of an escalating conflict in Europe. As the UK falls into a violent, chaotic military state, Daisy finds herself hiding and fighting to survive.
- DVD 10233
- The unspoken, complex heroine of Hamlet shares her own story through modern language in contemporary Denmark. As a rebellious and motherless child, Ophelia is taken into Elsinore Castle by Queen Gertrude as one of her most trusted ladies-in-waiting. Soon enough, Ophelia captures the affections of the young Prince Hamlet. A passionate romance kindles between the two in secret as the kingdom is on the brink of war amidst its own political intrigue and betrayal. When Hamlet's father is murdered and the prince's wits begin to unravel into an insatiable quest for vengeance, Ophelia sharply navigates the rules of power in Denmark all while struggling to choose between her true love and her own life.
- DVD 13284
- U.K. gay activists work to assist miners during their extended strike of the National Union of Mineworkers in the summer of 1984.
- DVD 10759