Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hunt, Dan
- After Stonewall from the riots to the millennium /
- In 1969 the police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City's Greenwich Village, leading to three nights of rioting by the city's gay community. With this outpouring of courage and unity the Gay Liberation Movement had begun. Chronicles the history of lesbian and gay life from the riots at Stonewall to the end of the century. Captures the hard work, struggles, tragic defeats and exciting victories experienced since then. It explores how AIDS literally changed the direction of the movement.
- DVD 5799
- Bear run celebrating the bear community /
- Bear run tracks the colorful rituals, playful language, values and evolving aesthetic of bear culture, by following three sets of lovable characters as they romp through the 2006-2008 event circuit. Through the compelling stories of Mikhael, John and Mike, and Louie, the film challenges stereotypes about gay life and creates a delightful and intimate portrait of what it means to ba a mature, gay man in the new millennium.
- DVD 9439
- Cruel and unusual transgender women in prison /
- A documentary about transgender women convicted and incarcerated in men's prisons in the United States. Interviews with lawyers and prison custodians reveal the level of violence these women have to face from the inmates, as well as from the authorities which do not recognize their condition as a medical disorder.
- DVD 7492