Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hung, Samo
- Bai jia zai The prodigal son /
- A rich man's son (Samo Hung) believes himself to be the best kung fu fighter in Canton. Unfortunately, his father, anxious for his son's safety, bribes all his opponents to lose. After a humiliating defeat at the hands of an actor in a traveling theatre company, the son resolves to find a better teacher. Includes Hong Kong trailer and U.S. trailer.
- DVD 678
- Chop socky Cinema Hong Kong /
- Offers an in-depth look at Hong Kong's wu xia film legacy and its influence on global cinema, from its roots in Beijing Opera to Quentin Tarantino's tribute to Hong Kong martial arts action in Kill Bill, Vol. 2. All of the bases are covered, from Hong Kong cinema's first martial-arts hero, Wong Fei Hung, to the balletic choreography of Chang Che, including the "one-punch" impact of Bruce Lee and the evolution of kung-fu comedy as epitomized by Jackie Chan. The Hong Kong technique of editing-in-camera is demonstrated in a multi-screen sequence. Film clips provide samples of the genre's classic films.
- DVD 3401
- Shu shan xin shu shan jian xia /
- Chinese soldiers in an ancient civil war get caught up in a fantastical quest to save the universe.
- DVD 6303