Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hudlin, Reginald
- The comical adventures of an African American family living in suburbia.
- DVD 7715
- Django unchained
- Django, a former slave turned hired gun, heads back to the plantation to free his wife, Broomhilda, from the tyrannical plantation owner Calvin Candie, with the help of a German bounty hunter, Dr. King Shultz.
- DVD 9378
- About a young Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Supreme Court Justice, as he battles through one of his career defining cases.
- DVD 12554
- White scripts and Black supermen Black masculinities in comic books /
- "A documentary on representations of Black masculinity in comic books; a popular culture genre which existed before television and whose reach extends into other areas of cultural production such as movies and animated TV series. In a serious, lively and humorous manner, the film examines the degree to which some of the first Black superheroes generally adhered to and were burdened by stereotypes about Black men. However, we also witness how some images shifted--oftentimes clumsily--to reflect the changing times. Featured commentary by scholars and cultural critics, producers, writers and artists provides tools for critiquing all media as they introduce and analyze the leading Black comic book superheroes of the late 60s to late 70s including Black Panther, the Falcon, John Stewart (the Green Lantern), Luke Cage and Black Lightning."--Container.
- DVD 8991