Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hubley, John
- Art & jazz in animation The cosmic eye : the films of John & Faith Hubley /
- Animated films featuring jazz musicians made by Faith & John Hubley.
- DVD 1379
- Hubley collection Everybody rides the carousel, a Doonesbury special, My universe inside out.
- Presents in animation the eight stages of life in the phases of personality development described by psychologist Erik Erikson. Also includes Garry Trudeau's Doonesbury comic strip that depicts how Zonker Harris and his friends cope with the end of an era of activism in the late 60's. The last segment features Faith Hubley's animated self portrait.
- DVD 1058
- UPA the jolly frolics collection /
- "[This three-disc set] includes 38 theatrical cartoons released from 1948 to 1959. Originally distributed by Columbia Pictures, the cartoon shorts produced by UPA (United Productions of America) were revolutionary, adopting the contemporary graphics of Modern design and offering non-traditional, provocative storytelling. Giving the animators at Disney, MGM and Warner Bros. a run for their money, UPA earned six nominations and three Academy Awards, and among their classic one-shot cartoons they adapted stories by James Thurber ("A Unicorn in the Garden") and Edgar Allan Poe ("The Tell-Tale Heart" narrated by James Mason). The studio tried to avoid repetition, but nevertheless presented two long-lasting characters in Gerald McBoing Boing (created by Dr. Seuss) and the near-sighted Mr. Magoo, whose first cartoon -- "Ragtime Bear" -- is also included in [collection]."--Container.
- DVD 8923