Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hornby, Nick
- About a boy
- Will is a good-looking, smooth-talking bachelor whose primary goal in life is to avoid any kind of responsibility. So he decides to invent an imaginary son in order to meet attractive single moms. Will gets a lesson about life from a bright but hopelessly geeky 12-year-old named Marcus. Now, as Will struggles to teach Marcus the art of being cool, Marcus teaches Will that you are never too cool to grow up.
- DVD 2970
- An Irish immigrant lands in 1950s Brooklyn, where she quickly falls into a romance with a local. When her past catches up with her, however, she must choose between two countries and the lives that exist within.
- DVD 11531
- In the early 1960's, 16-year-old Jenny Mellor lives with her parents in a London suburb. She is smart, pretty, and working toward her goal of being accepted into Oxford. Her life will take a big turn when she meets David, a man twice her age. Now she must decide if she will pursue an education at Oxford, or if she will choose to learn all that a charismatic older man can teach her.
- DVD 7339
- High fidelity
- Rob Gordon's record store is semi-failing, and his long-time girlfriend has just walked out on him. In order to figure out where things went wrong, he examines his past relationships with other women.
- DVD 1618
- Juliet, naked
- "Annie (Byrne) is stuck in a long-term relationship with Duncan (O'Dowd), an obsessive fan of obscure rocker Tucker Crowe (Hawke). When the acoustic demo from Tucker's 25-year-old hit album surfaces, its release leads to a life-changing encounter with the elusive musician in this heartwarming story about finding love when and where you least expect it."--Container.
- DVD 12865
- After years of reckless behavior, a heroin addiction and the destruction of her marriage, Cheryl Strayed makes a rash decision. Haunted by memories of her mother Bobbi and with absolutely no experience, she sets out to hike more than a thousand miles on the Pacific Crest Trail all on her own.
- DVD 10930