Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hirsch, Emile
- Into the wild
- Freshly graduated from college with a promising future ahead, Christopher McCandless walked out of his privileged life and into the wild in search of adventure. What happened to him on the way transformed this young wanderer into an enduring symbol for countless people, a fearless risk-taker who wrestled with the precarious balance between man and nature. Based on a true story.
- DVD 5404
- Killer Joe
- 'Killer' Joe Cooper is a Dallas detective who doubles as a hit man with the charm of a Southern gentleman. Chris hires Joe to kill his mother in order to collect her life insurance and pay off his debts. When Chris is unable to pay for the service up front, Joe takes Chris's sister Dottie as a retainer until he can be paid.
- DVD 9313
- Lone survivor
- The story of four Navy SEALs sent on an ill-fated covert mission to neutralize a high-level Taliban operative. They are ambushed by enemy forces in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Based on The New York Times bestseller.
- DVD 11314
- His life changed history, his courage changed lives. Harvey Milk is a middle-aged New Yorker who, after moving to San Francisco, becomes a Gay Rights activist and city politician. On his third attempt, he is elected to San Francisco's Board of Supervisors in 1977, the first openly-gay man to be elected to public office in the United States. The following year, both he and the city's mayor, George Moscone, are shot to death by former city supervisor, Dan White, who blames his former colleagues for denying White's attempt to rescind his resignation from the board. Based on the true story of Harvey Milk.
- DVD 6418
- Once upon a time... in Hollywood
- From 1958 to 1963, American actor Rick Dalton knew the height of fame and fortune as the lead in the television series Bounty Law. Yet, Rick wasn't satisfied with the work and used his popularity to try to become a movie star. By 1969, Rick's career has stalled so much that he takes jobs as a guest star on various shows. He even starts wondering if the only way he can make a comeback is by acting in Italian productions. Cliff Booth, Rick's long-time friend and stunt double, helps him see that possibilities for success still exist in the Los Angeles film industry if they work together.
- DVD 13254
- Taking Woodstock
- In 1969, Elliot Tiber, an interior designer living in Greenwich Village, New York, has to move back upstate to help his parents run their dilapidated Catskills motel, The El Monaco. Upon hearing that a planned music and arts festival has lost its permit from the neighboring town of Wallkill, NY, Elliot calls producer Michael Lang at Woodstock Ventures to offer his family's motel to the promoters and generate business. Three weeks later half a million people are on their way to his neighbor's farm.
- DVD 7240