Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hird, Christopher
- Black gold
- "After oil, coffee is the most actively traded commodity in the world with $80 billion in retail sales. But for every $3 cup of coffee, a coffee farmer receives only 3 cents. Most of the money goes to the middlemen, especially the four giant conglomerates which control the coffee market. Tracing the path of the coffee consumed each day to the farmers who produce the beans, Black Gold asks us to 'wake up and smell the coffee', to face the unjust conditions under which our favorite drink is produced and to decide what we can do about it"--Container.
- DVD 4714
- Cocaine unwrapped the real price of cocaine /
- "Cocaine Unwrapped tells the story of cocaine: coca farmers in Colombia, drug mules in Ecuadorian prisons, cocaine factories in the Bolivian jungle, dealers on the streets of Mexico, law enforcement officials on the streets of Baltimore - and the everyday consumers around the dinner tables of the West. It's a story of politics, death, economic devastation and human suffering, and explores realistic alternatives to the war on drugs. Front line reportage, exclusive access to the political leaders of Latin America, revealing interviews with drug czars - watch this and you will never think the same about cocaine and the war on drugs again."--Container.
- DVD 9900
- Detailing the life and work of acclaimed war photographer Don McCullin, the seminal photo-journalist of the 1970s and 1980s, Jacqui and David Morris' documentary film shows the truth behind McCullin's hard hitting and controversial images--Artificial Eye website.
- DVD 12107
- "The story of three men's life-long search for a diet, which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet ... With the help of some innovative farmers and chefs, [this film] shows how the problems we face today can be solved without simply resorting to a diet of lentils and lettuce leaves"--Container.
- DVD 8779