Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hillgrove, Vivien
- "Happy takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy. Combining real life stories of people from around the world and interviews with the leading scientists in happiness research, Happy explores the secrets behind our most valued emotion."
- DVD 10668
- In the matter of Cha Jung Hee
- "Her passport said she was Cha Jung Hee. She knew she was not. So began a 40 year deception for a Korean adoptee who came to the US in 1966. Told to keep her true identity a secret from her new American family, this 8 year old girl quickly forgot she was ever anyone else. But why had her identity been switched? And who was the real Cha Jung Hee? In the Matter of Cha Jung Hee is the search to find the answers, as acclaimed filmmaker Deann Borshay Liem (First person plural, PBS 2000) returns to her native Korea to find her "double," the mysterious girl whose place she took in America. As seen on PBS on the award-winning series, Point of View (POV)"--Container.
- DVD 8232
- My McQueen
- The legacy of actor Steve McQueen in San Francisco after "Bullitt", McQueen's classic 1968 detective film, with producer/director Lourdes Portillo and cinematographer Kyle Kibbe for the The Center for New Documentary, Graduate School of Journalism, University of California, Berkeley. Includes a compilation of automobile chase scenes from Hollywood films.
- DVD 6999
- Señorita extraviada
- This film "unfolds like the unsolved mystery that it examines -- the kidnapping, rape and murder of over 350 young women in Juárez, Mexico ... [T]he film unravels the layers of complicity that have allowed these brutal murders to continue. Relying on what filmmaker Lourdes Portillo comes to see as the most reliable of sources -- the testimonies of the families of the victims -- this film documents a two-year search for the truth in the underbelly of the new global economy"--Container.
- DVD 12656