Films & Other Videos
Films with: Helgeland, Brian
- 42 the Jackie Robinson story /
- History was made in 1947, when Jackie Robinson broke the professional baseball race barrier to become the first African American MLB player of the modern era. 42 tells the life story of Robinson and his history-making signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers under the guidance of team executive Branch Rickey.
- DVD 9782
- Cirque du freak.
- Based on the popular series of books by Darren Shan is a fantasy-adventure about a teenager who unknowingly breaks a 200-year-old truce between two warring factions of vampires. Pulled into a fantastic life of misunderstood sideshow freaks and grotesque creatures of the night, one teen will vanish from the safety of a boring existence and fulfill his destiny in a place drawn from nightmares.
- DVD 7429
- Green zone
- During the U.S.-led occupation of Baghdad in 2003, Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller and his team of Army inspectors were dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert. Rocketing from one booby-trapped and treacherous site to the next, the men search for deadly chemical agents but stumble instead upon an elaborate cover-up that inverts the purpose of their mission.
- DVD 7763
- L.A. Confidential
- Three detectives in the corrupt and brutal L.A. police force of the 1950s use differing methods to uncover a conspiracy behind the shotgun slaying of the patrons at an all-night diner in this lush tribute to tough filmnoir crime films.
- DVD 269
- Mystic River
- Boston childhood friends Jimmy, Sean and Dave are reunited after a brutal murder. Reformed confict Jimmy and his devoted wife Annabeth find out that their teenage daughter Katie has been beaten and killed. Jimmy's old friend Sean is the homicide detective assigned to the case. Jimmy gets his relatives, the Savage brothers to conduct their own investigation. Jimmy and Sean soon suspect their old pal Dave, who now lives a quite life, but harbors some disturbing secrets of his own.
- DVD 3096