Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hayes, George
- Dark command
- Set in pre-Civil War Lawrence, Kansas where tensions about slavery ran high, this film tells a fictionalized version of the story of the raider William Clarke Quantrill. Bob Seton runs for Federal Marshall of Kansas and defeats William Cantrell. Cantrell responds by stealing Seton's girl and manipulating her into marrying him. Seton later exposes Cantrell and his band of guerillas who have been raiding both Union and Confederate lines.
- DVD 798
- Lawless frontier [and], Randy rides alone /
- Lawless frontier: Wayne returns home after an 8-year absence and seeks the outlaw who killed his parents. He teams with an old gold miner and granddaughter whose lives get threatened when they help him. Randy rides alone: Wayne is accused of murder he didn't commit. He escapes and joins the gang to gather evidence to set a trap. He exonerates himself and saves the town.
- DVD 789
- Man from Utah [and], Sagebrush trail /
- The man from Utah: his own men are the only ones who ever win the prize money in Barton's rodeo, and whenever a local rider has a chance to win, he meets with an "accident." John Wayne, as the "Man from Utah" is determined to find out why, even if he has to break every bronco in the West. Sagebrush trail: A young cowboy finds himself behind bars, wrongly accused of a robbery. Seeing his chance, he escapes to bring the guilty bandit to justice and clear his name.
- DVD 795
- Riders of destiny [and], the star packer /
- Riders of destiny: a tuneful but tough undercover agent is out to help besieged farmers regain their water rights. This is one of the few films in which John Wayne is a singing cowboy--truly a unique side of his early career. The Star Packer: John Powers organizes the people of Little Rock, a town harassed by a gang of outlaws, and sets the trap for the gang when he learns of a planned bank holdup.
- DVD 796
- Winds of the wasteland [and], Lucky Texan /
- Winds of the wasteland: two cowboys purchase a stagecoach route only to find that it connects with an abandoned mining town. Furious, the pair is determined to get even. Lucky Texan: Gold miners John Wayne and his sidekick Gabby Hayes strike it rich when they find a gold nugget, then another, and more. But as luck would have it, before they get a chance to put a stake on their claim, Hayes is unjustly accused of robbery and murder. The Duke rides to the rescue and the day is saved.
- DVD 916