Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hausman, Michael
- Ballad of Gregorio Cortez
- Set in 1901. After a heated misunderstanding due to poor translation leads to the death of a lawman, Mexican American farmer Gregorio Cortez sets off in desperate flight from the Texas Rangers, evading a massive manhunt on horseback for days.
- DVD 13359
- Films of Milos Forman
- Milos Forman talks about his films and the making of them, provides a brief autobiographical introduction of how he got started in his career, and follows with film reminiscences giving insights about the production, the casting process, studios, the industry and experiences with collaborators.
- DVD 2262
- "In 1910 Elinore Randall, a widow, and her seven-year-old daughter travel by train to face two great unknowns-- a strange land and life with a man they have never met. Elinore has contracted by mail to keep house for Clyde Stewart, a rancher living in the remote frontier near Burntfork, Wyoming. Captivated by the vast landscape, Elinore acts quickly on her secret passion: to homestead a piece of land of her own. But fulfilling her year's contract with Clyde may be as challenging as the oncoming winter-- a winter of devastating blizzards, famine and isolation."--Container.
- DVD 2119
- House of games
- A therapist and best-selling author must confront her own demons when she meets a man who has gambling debts and she feels compelled to help him.
- DVD 1234
- Karen Silkwood becomes contaminated with plutonium at her job, voices her protest at the indifference and denial of her company, and becomes a threat to the entire nuclear industry and the government agencies that monitor it. Based on a true story.
- DVD 1066
- Set in 18th century France, this is the story of two bored aristocrats, and the havoc they wreck when they decide to play sexual games with people's lives.
- DVD 1693