Films & Other Videos
Films with: Harry, Debbie
- Blank city
- In the late 1970s to the middle 1980s, Manhattan was in ruins. But true art has never come from comfort, and it was precisely those dire circumstances that inspired artists like Jim Jarmusch, Lizzy Borden, and Amos Poe to produce some of their best works. Taking their cues from punk rock and new wave music, these young maverick filmmakers confronted viewers with a stark reality that stood in powerful contrast to the escapist product being churned out by Hollywood. Documents the history of "No wave cinema" and "cinema of transgression" movements.
- DVD 10202
- Cultural critic David Kepesh finds his state of 'emancipated manhood' thrown into tragic disarray. David is a renowned college professor whose life is turned inside out when he becomes involved in a passionate relationship with Consuela. Consuela is a well-mannered student who awakens a sense of sexual possessiveness in her teacher. As their sexual relationship evolves, an incredible love story is born.
- DVD 6482
- Films of David Cronenberg
- David Cronenberg talks about his films and the making of them, provides a brief autobiographical introduction of how he got started in his career and follows with film reminiscences giving insights about the production, the casting process, studios, the industry and experiences with collaborators.
- DVD 2260
- Tracy Turnblad, a teenager with huge hair, a big grin, and all the right moves, becomes the queen of Baltimore's number one dance revue.
- DVD 1741