Films & Other Videos
Films with: Harlow, Jean
- Columbia Pictures pre-code collection
- Ten cents a dance: Barbara, a dance hall girl, marries Eddie, who turns out to be a compulsive gambler. Barbara turns to a former suitor and dance hall owner, Bradley Carlton, for help. Arizona: Bob Denton, a West Point football star, discovers that his commanding officer is married to his former girlfriend, a woman bent on revenge after he jilted her. Three wise girls: An innocent small-town girl trades her soda fountain job for a modeling job in New York. She quickly learns the ropes and perils of big city life, along with her wisecracking roommate and a fellow model. Shopworn: Kitty is a waitress who falls in love with Dave, a wealthy college student. Dave's high-society mother has a trumped-up morals charge made up against her. After leaving the reformatory, Kitty becomes a showgirl, and she meets Dave again. Virtue: An honest, enterprising taxi driver mistakes a prostitute for an unemployed stenographer. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, the woman's past comes back to haunt her when a duplicitous acquaintance implicates her in a sordid affair.
- DVD 9013
- Forbidden Hollywood collection.
- Three classic films that offer a rare glimpse at a lost era of "pre-code" provocative filmmaking. In the early 1930's, before Hollywood began enforcing a self-imposed Production Code, many films allowed for extraordinary frankness including nudity, adultery and prostitution. In this restored and remastered three-movie collection, three daring young actresses are featured in racy, riveting star vehicles. Jean Harlow is a red-headed secretary who hooks the company's married boss, while carrying on with chauffeur Charles Boyer. A young soldier is forced to give up Mae Clarke when his well-to-do family learns she's a prostitute, in Waterloo Bridge. Finally baby-faced Barbara Stanwyck sleeps her way up the corporate ladder in a New York bank, not caring who gets hurt.
- DVD 6361
- Hell's angels
- Three Oxford buddies fight on opposite sides during World War I. Each is torn between obedience to his country and that of his conscience. The most expensive movie of its time, the film features extensive aerial photography of a dogfight between R.A.F and German fighter planes.
- DVD 9048
- Public enemy
- Classic gangster film tells the story of two brothers, one an honorable war veteran, the other a high-class gangster that sold alcohol during the prohibition.
- DVD 6401