Films & Other Videos
Films with: Harel, Amir
- Arriving in 1924, Pesachʹke Burstein, the dancing-singing comedian, quickly became a leading figure in the Golden Era of Yiddish theater. On stage, he would meet, fall in love with and eventually marry raising star Lillian Lux. Embarking together on triumphant overseas tours as a couple, they soon became the parents of twins. Before long the children, Mike and Susan, were given stage names and accompanied their parents on tours. In time, the pressures of theatrical life would take its toll on the family.
- DVD 3191
- Massa'ot James Be'eretz Hakodesh James' journey to Jerusalem /
- "A cannily droll mix of social commentary and modern fairy tale, Israeli filmmaker Ra'anan Alexandrowicz's debut feature follows the adventures of James, a devout Christian making a pilgrimage from his African village to the Holy Land. He becomes part of the migrant labor workforce in Tel Aviv and pursues his religious quest-- until he gets a little taste of fortune by turning the tables on his employers ... an astute exploration of the economic, moral and spiritual hypocrisies of Western society filtered through an evocative portrait of modern Israel's cultural and generational divisions"--Container.
- DVD 3530
- Walk on water
- While on assignment in Berlin, a homophobic Israeli intelligence agent is tasked with offing a Nazi war criminal. However, he has a crisis of consciousness after he befriends a target's gay grandson.
- DVD 3885
- Yossi & Jagger Yosi vẹ-G'ager /
- "Based on a true story, Yossi & Jagger portrays the love affair of two Israeli officers in a remote army base on the Israeli-Lebanese border. They are commanders, they are in love, and they try to find a place of their own in an oppressing and rigid system, which sends them to defend a cause they do not necessarily believe in"--www.yossiand jagger.com.
- DVD 8745