Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hamilton, Lisa Gay
- Beah a black woman speaks /
- Beah Richards (1920-2000), actress-poet-activist, shares her wit and wisdom about her life as a black woman in America.
- DVD 3941
- After Paul D. finds his old slave friend Sethe in Ohio and moves in with her and her daughter Denver, a strange girl comes along by the name of "Beloved". Sethe & Denver take her in and then strange things start to happen.
- DVD 3777
- Youthful innocence and passionate love are lost to greed, deceit and murder in Shakespeare's immortal "Hamlet." Hamlet is visited one dark night in a dream by the spirit of his dead father, proclaiming his untimely death at the hand of his own brother, Claudius. Greed is the motive. The prize is the throne and his beloved wife, Gertrude.
- DVD 2463
- 1950, rural Alabama. It's a make-or-break weekend for the Honeydripper Lounge and its owner Tyrone "Pine Top" Purvis. Deep in debt, Tyrone is desperate to lure the young cotton pickers and local Army base recruits into his juke joint and away from the rival club across the way. He lays off his regular talent and hires the famous electric guitar player, Guitar Sam, for a one night only gig. When the train arrives, Guitar Sam is no where to be found. Tyrone makes a deal with the sheriff to release Sonny, a kid who hopped off a freight car and turned up at the club. Tyrone cleans Sonny up and launches a last ditch scheme to pass off the young guitar picker as Guitar Sam. When Sonny takes the stage and launches into his first scalding electric licks, Tyrone will learn if its lights out for the Honeydripper or if his luck has changed.
- DVD 5693
- In 2005, the only thing hurting Los Angeles Times columnist and recent bike accident victim Steve Lopez more than his banged-up face, was his pressing need for story ideas. He soon discovers Nathaniel Ayers, a skid row schizophrenic street musician, who possesses extraordinary talent - even though he only has half-broken instruments to play. Inspired by Nathaniel's story, Lopez writes an acclaimed series of articles about him and attempts to do more to help both him, and the rest of the underclass of L.A. have a better life. Lopez's good intentions run headlong into Nathaniel's personal demons and the larger issues of social injustice facing the homeless. Regardless, Lopez and Nathaniel find a way to conquer their deepest anxieties and frustrations.
- DVD 6820
- Christian Bale stars as Dick Cheney in this epic tale of how a bureaucratic Washington insider quietly became the most powerful man in the world. Co-starring Amy Adams, Steve Carell, and Sam Rockwell, it is a darkly comic look behind the scenes of American politics.
- DVD 13015