Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hamilton, Josh
- Broken English
- Nora Wilder is a thirty-something Manhattanite plugging away at her job, but her quest for love consistently results in falling flat on her face. After a series of disastrous first dates, she meets Julien, a quirky Frenchman with an unabashed passion for living. Inevitably, Nora discovers she must look inward before finding a new outlook on life and love.
- DVD 4828
- Chinese Exclusion Act
- Examine the origin, history and impact of the 1882 law that made it illegal for Chinese workers to come to America and for Chinese nationals already here ever to become U.S. citizens. The first in a long line of acts targeting the Chinese for exclusion, it remained in force for more than 60 years.
- DVD 13138
- Eighth grade
- Thirteen-year-old Kayla endures the tidal wave of contemporary suburban adolescence as she makes her way through the last week of middle school (the end of her thus far disastrous eighth grade year) before she begins high school.
- DVD 12813
- Frances Ha
- Greta Gerwig is radiant as a woman in her late twenties in contemporary New York, trying to sort out her ambitions, her finances, and, above all, her tight but changing bond with her best friend, Sophie (Mickey Sumner). Meticulously directed by Noah Baumbach (Kicking and Screaming) with a free-and-easy vibe reminiscent of the French New Wave's most spirited films, and written by Baumbach and Gerwig with an effortless combination of sweetness and wit, Frances Ha gets at both the frustrations and the joys of being young and unsure of where to go next. This wry and sparkling city romance is a testament to the ongoing vitality of independent American cinema.
- DVD 9987
- Into the deep America, whaling & the world /
- The history of the American whaling industry, from its 17th-century origins in drift and shore whaling off the coast of New England and Cape Cod, through the golden age of deep ocean whaling, and on to its demise in the decades following the American Civil War.
- DVD 10304
- Kicking and screaming
- A group of college students afraid of the future remain on campus to await their futures, while trying to answer the question where do we go from here?
- DVD 4515