Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fürmann, Benno
- In darkness
- Leopold Socha is a sewer worker and petty thief in Lvov, a Nazi occupied city in Poland. One day he encounters a group of Jews trying to escape the liquidation of the ghetto. He hides them for money in the labyrinth of the town's sewers beneath the bustling activity of the city above. What starts out as a straightforward and cynical business arrangement turns into something very unexpected, the unlikely alliance between Socha and the Jews as the enterprise seeps deeper into Socha's conscience.
- DVD 9038
- Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas /
- Loosely based on true episodes, this film tells the story of German, French, and Scottish soldiers in the bloody trenches of World War I and the miraculous Christmas Eve truce they unexpectedly forge. Follows a French lieutenant, a Scottish priest, and a German tenor and his beloved Danish soprano as music and the spirit of Christmas create bonds between enemies.
- DVD 143
- Krieger und die Kaiserin Princess and the warrior /
- When shy, beautiful Sissi is the victim of a horrible car accident, a handsome small-time criminal comes to the rescue and saves her life. Once she recovers, she sets out to find him and discovers that he is a violent man with a conflicted past and dangerous future. It doesn't take long for the two to meet again - during a deadly bank robbery. Now it is her turn to save his life.
- DVD 1319
- Nordwand North face /
- An adventure drama, based on a true story, about a competition to climb the most dangerous rock face in the Alps, the north face of the Eiger. Set in 1936, Nazi propaganda urges German alpinists to conquer the mountain, and two reluctant young climbers, Toni and Andi, attempt a daring ascent, closely followed by two Austrian climbers. All goes well at first, but then the climbers lose their advantage over the mountain and the race against time and forces of nature begins.
- DVD 7541