Films & Other Videos
Films with: Froemke, Susan
- Addiction a 14-part series /
- Strives to break through the myths and explain what addiction really is, what causes it, and how to get the best available treatments.
- DVD 6981
- Escape fire the fight to rescue American healthcare /
- Escape Fire looks at a U.S. health care system designed to profit from disease not health, reward quantity over quality, and promote high-tech over high-touch. It interweaves dramatic personal stories with the efforts of leaders battling to transform health care at the highest levels of medicine, industry, government, and even the U.S. military.
- DVD 10991
- Five films about Christo & Jeanne-Claude
- The 30 year collaboration between acclaimed filmmakers Albert and David Maysles, and the renowned environmental artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude.
- DVD 5728
- Grey Gardens
- Portrait of the relationship between Edith Bouvier Beale and her grown daughter, Little Edie, once and aspiring actress in New York who left her career to care for her aging mother in their East Hampton home, and never left again. The aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis feed their cats and raccoons and rehash their pasts behind the walls of their decaying mansion, Grey Gardens.
- DVD 1752
- Recording The producers a musical romp with Mel Brooks /
- This exclusive musical comedy event showcases the antics of the entire cast and crew including director Susan Stroman, plus stars Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick, with Roger Bart, Gary Beach, Cady Huffman and Bras Oscar as they record the cast album with show-stopping hilarity and heart. Includes exclusive candid behind-the-scenes footage, 14 song performances, and much more, all hosted by Mel Brooks.
- DVD 2898
- Ring des Nibelungen and "Wagner's dream" : the making of the Ring /
- The four operas of The Ring Cycle. Wagner's dream: "Wagner's dream takes you deep into the artistic and musical challenges of the epic Ring des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner. Visionary director Robert Lepage begins a five-year journey to create the most ambitious staging in Metropolitan Opera history, featuring a 90,000-pound set ("The Machine") conceived to meet Wagner's immense theatrical demands. The film follows heroic singers from rehearsals to performance as they take on many of the most daunting roles in opera. Soprano Deborah Voigt is torn between excitement and fear as she prepares to play the warrior goddess Brünnhilde, while unexpected drama arises as a new tenor, Jay Hunter Morris, steps in as the Ring's hero, Siegfried - days before the production's world premiere. An intimate look at the challenges of live theater and the risks that must be taken, the film chronicles the tremendous creativity and unflagging determination behind this daring attempt to realize Wagner's dream of a perfect Ring."--Container.
- DVD 9699