Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fricker, Brenda
- Albert Nobbs
- A woman passes as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Ireland. Some thirty years after donning men's clothing, she finds herself trapped in a prison of her own making.
- DVD 8965
- American Christopher Newman is smart, educated and rich. He is a Civil War veteran and a self made tycoon who goes to Europe to see the 'treasures and entertain' himself. He meets Claire and after the fifth meeting he asks her to marry him.
- DVD 10244
- My left foot
- Based on Christy Brown's true life story, My left foot is the story of a man who triumphs over impossible odds to achieve greatness.
- DVD 323
- Out of Ireland the story of Irish emigration to America /
- Examines the history of the seven million Irish who emigrated to America in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries including the causes of the exodus and the immigrant experience in the United States. Uses photographs, archival footage, manuscript material and interviews with Irish immigrants to describe their experiences and the profound influence they have had on American culture.
- DVD 1375
- Time to kill
- A small-town lawyer is hired to defend an African American man who is accused of killing the white men who raped his young daughter.
- DVD 9630
- Veronica Guerin
- Veronica Guerin was a relentless crime reporter for The Sunday Independent during the early '90s. Guerin's violent murder in 1996 led to a revision of Ireland's laws and the creation of the Criminal Assets Bureau. Picks up with her pursuit of the underground drug trade in Dublin, which she suspects is led by mobster Martin "The General" Cahill. When Cahill's gang is attacked, she suspects mobster Gerry "The Monk" Hutch is responsible. Not deterred by threats or gunshot wounds, she uses thug John Traynor as an informer to help out her investigation of psychotic mobster John Gilligan.
- DVD 8315