Films & Other Videos
Films with: France, Cécile de
- Chinese puzzle
- A 40-year-old father of two still finds life very complicated. When the mother of his children moves from Paris to New York, he can't bear them growing up far away from him, so he decides to move there as well.
- DVD 10742
- Gamin au vélo The kid with a bike /
- Twelve-year-old Cyril, all coiled anger and furious motion, is living in a group home but refuses to believe he has been rejected by his single father. He spends his days frantically trying to reach the man, over the phone or on his beloved bicycle. It is only the patience and compassion of Samantha, the stranger who agrees to care for him, that offers the boy the chance to move on.
- DVD 9372
- Lost illusions
- An aspiring poet joins a cynical team of journalists in nineteenth-century Paris. When he agrees to write rave reviews for bribes, achieving material success at the expense of his conscience, and soon discovers that the written word can be an instrument of both beauty and deceit.
- DVD 13500
- Poupées russes Russian dolls /
- In this sequel to L'Auberge espagnole, Xavier, now thirty, reunites again with his old friends from his time in Barcelona when William marries a Russian dancer in Saint Petersburg. Although he is working as a writer, Xavier has been unable to publish his serious novel. He is ghostwriting celebrity memoirs and writing scripts for corny TV soap operas. His love life is a series of short-term encounters. When he loses his apartment, his lesbian friend Isabelle lets him stay at her place and gives him advice. He reconnects with William's sister Wendy in London as part of a scriptwriting project, but then also becomes involved with glamorous model Celia. Will Xavier overcome his indecisiveness about his career and love life or will he keep moving on, searching for the next, perfect thing?
- DVD 9037