Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fitzgerald, F. Scott
- Curious case of Benjamin Button
- Daisy Fuller Williams is on her deathbed in a New Orleans hospital the day that Hurricane Katrina hits. At her side is her adult daughter, Caroline. Daisy asks Caroline to read to her aloud from the diary of Daisy's lifelong friend, Benjamin Button. Benjamin's diary recounts his entire extraordinary life. The unusual aspect of his life is that he is ages backwards, being born an old man. He is diagnosed with several aged diseases at birth and thus given little chance of survival. He does survive and gets younger with time. Abandoned by Thomas Button, his biological father, after Benjamin's biological mother died in childbirth. Benjamin was raised by Queenie, a black woman and caregiver at a seniors home. Daisy's grandmother was a resident, which is where she first met Benjamin. Although separated through the years, Daisy and Benjamin remain in contact throughout their lives, reconnecting in their forties when in age they finally match up. Some of the revelations in Benjamin's diary are difficult for Caroline to read.
- DVD 6556
- Forbidden Hollywood collection.
- Three classic films that offer a rare glimpse at a lost era of "pre-code" provocative filmmaking. In the early 1930's, before Hollywood began enforcing a self-imposed Production Code, many films allowed for extraordinary frankness including nudity, adultery and prostitution. In this restored and remastered three-movie collection, three daring young actresses are featured in racy, riveting star vehicles. Jean Harlow is a red-headed secretary who hooks the company's married boss, while carrying on with chauffeur Charles Boyer. A young soldier is forced to give up Mae Clarke when his well-to-do family learns she's a prostitute, in Waterloo Bridge. Finally baby-faced Barbara Stanwyck sleeps her way up the corporate ladder in a New York bank, not caring who gets hurt.
- DVD 6361
- Great Gatsby
- The Great Gatsby follows viable writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922. Chasing his own American dream, Nick lands next door to Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her husband, Tom Buchanan. Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the rich and their loves and deceits. As he bears witness, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams, and tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
- DVD 9874
- Great Gatsby
- In 1920s Long Island, a mysterious American millionaire's efforts to recapture the sweetheart of his youth result in tragedy.
- DVD 12766
- Last time I saw Paris
- It's post-World War II Paris filled with divorce, domestic quarrels, jaded lives, ruined marriages and disillusioned people.
- DVD 418