Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fishel, Deirdre
- Boy game a look at bullying through the lens of masculine gender norms /
- Tackles bullying among boys by exploring the culture of toughness and silence boys live by. Targets need to be protected, absolutely, but rather than vilify bullies, The boy game looks to unpack the complex dynamics that propel some boys to bully and the majority to stand watching in silent conflict. The truth is boys desperately need a way to talk about the painful gender straitjacketing they are subject to in order to develop the resilience to stand up, be themselves and redefine masculinity in terms of emotional, tolerant strength.
- DVD 9736
- Minds on campus
- Explores the complex world of student mental health that Universities are grappling with post Virginia Tech. Although relatively rare, suicide is the second leading cause of death among college students and by far a bigger issues for Universities than homicide. With 50% of students reporting that they have felt deeply depressed at one point in their college life, picking apart who is really at risk and who is not is far from an easy task. From the experts in student suicide prevention, a mother whose son took his life at school, a lawyer, a college administrator and a psychiatrist, this program explores the issues of confidentiality, when can and should Universities take action and the danger of creating uniform policies that don't look at the specifics of each case. -- container
- DVD 8456
- Still doing it the intimate lives of women over 65 /
- Explores the lives of nine women aged 67-87 and their feelings about sex and love in later life and the realities of aging.
- DVD 3976