Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ferch, Heino
- Comedian Harmonists die Erfolgsstory einer deutschen Legende /
- Based on a true story, The Harmonists portrays the rise and fall of a successful vocal group in Germany that was disbanded in 1934 as part of the mounting persecution of Jews. The Comedian Harmonists did comic and romantic songs in intricate harmony, and were extremely popular, but as the Nazis became more powerful, the group were forbidden to sing songs by Jewish composers--and finally, because three of their members were Jewish, they were banned from performing in public.
- DVD 13502
- Mávahlátur The seagulls laughter /
- It is 1953, and Freya, who had gone to America as an officer's bride, has returned home to begin a new life. She moves into a small house of distant relatives in a quite fishing village in Iceland. But unlike the drab, plump girl who went abroad, Freya, now in her twenties, is a beautiful woman. She is somewhat of a mystery woman of the household, especially to the men of the community. But soon strange things begin to happen in their community. Is Freya a murderess or a godess?
- DVD 3685
- Tunnel The tunnel /
- "Tells the incredible true story of a massive underground escape attempt from East to West Berlin. Anti-communist East German swimming champion Harry Melchior narrowly escapes the Communist regime just after the Berlin Wall is completed, and is determined to rescue his beloved sister, whom he was forced to leave behind" -- Container.
- DVD 7465
- Vision aus dem Leben der Hildegard von Bingen = from the life of Hildegard von Bingen /
- The story of Hildegard von Bingen, a 12th century Benedictine nun, who was one of the first women to preach and interpret Biblical scripture.
- DVD 8106
- Winterschläfer Winter sleepers /
- Rebecca, a young translator, lives with her boyfriend ski instructor Marco in a mountain villa owned by her friend, nurse Laura. René, local cinema projectionist, steals Marco's car and gets into a car crash with local farmer Theo, whose daughter is almost killed. René suffers amnesia as a result of a crash and starts a relationship with Laura. Meanwhile Marco is looking for the man who stole his car. The convoluted relationships between these characters is told-- René being the catalyst for it all.
- DVD 1320