Films & Other Videos
Films with: Farocki, Harun
- Bewerbung The interview /
- Documentary about German training classes for job interviewing. The director notes, "In the summer of 1996, we filmed application training courses in which one learns how to apply for a job. School-leavers, university graduates, people who have been retrained, the long-term unemployed, recovered drug addicts, and mid-level managers -- all of them are supposed to learn how to market and sell themselves, a skill to which the term 'self-management' is applied. The self is perhaps nothing more than a metaphysical hook from which to hang a social identity."
- DVD 4634
- Bilder der Welt und Inschrift des Krieges Pictures of the world and inscriptions of the war /
- A discursive, essayistic examination of photography and other visual technologies which are used as a substitute for the real, and a means of control. Most of these technologies, especially aerial reconnaissance, were designed for military applications, and provide an archival record of human potentialities, of the possibility of total domination which the Nazis explored in the laboratory of the Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- DVD 12953
- Leben BRD How to live in the German Federal Republic /
- Using short scenes from various instructional and training classes, learn how the country of West Germany taught their countrymen how to survive and thrive, through training and preparation.
- DVD 7383
- Set in a rubble-strewn Berlin in 1945, is like no other film about post-World War II Jewish identity. After surviving Auschwitz, a former cabaret performer, her face disfigured and reconstructed, returns to her war-ravaged hometown to seek out the gentile husband who may or may not have betrayed her to the Nazis. Without recognizing her, he enlists her to play his wife in a bizarre hall-of-shattered-mirrors story that's as richly metaphorical as it is preposterously engrossing.
- DVD 12786
- Videogramme einer Revolution Videograms of a revolution /
- An analysis of the revolution in Romania in 1989, covering events in the first five days, from December 21 when Ceaucescu made his last speech to December 26, the day the dictator was executed. Material from Romanian television broadcasts and footage taken by amateur videographers provide multiple perspectives of events.
- DVD 4298
- Zwischen zwei kriegen between two wars /
- "A film about the time of the blast furnaces - 1917-1933 - about the development of an industry, about a perfect machinery which had to run itself to the point of its own destruction."--Container.
- DVD 12954