Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fanning, David
- Bitter rivals: Iran and Saudi Arabia
- A dangerous rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia has plunged the Middle East into sectarian war. From revolution in Iran, reaction by Saudi Arabia, and wars in Afghanistan, Lebanon and Iraq, how religion and power politics drive perpetual conflict.
- DVD 12743
- Death in Tehran
- A death in Tehran: At the height of the protests following Iran's presidential election, a young woman named Neda Soltani was shot and killed on the streets of Tehran. Her death was filmed on a cameraphone, then uploaded to the web, quickly becoming an international outrage. Frontline investigates the life and death of the woman who remains a symbol for those wanting to keep the movement alive. Also unanswered questions in the aftermath of the greatest upheaval in Iran since the 1979 revolution are explored ; Uganda: out of the wild: From the wilds of Uganda's "Impenetrable Forest"-- home to the world's largest population of Mountain Gorillas, but also a hotbet for a number of deadly diseases that cross the species barrier from animals to human.
- DVD 7663
- Farmer's wife
- Filmed over three years, The farmer's wife presents the travails of a Nebraska farmer and his wife as they struggle to preserve both their farm and their marriage.
- DVD 11887
- Fish on my plate
- Journalist and author Paul Greenberg (Four Fish; American Catch) spends a year eating only fish. From farmed fish in Norway to the biggest wild fishery in the world off Peru, he travels to investigate the health of the ocean, as well as his own.
- DVD 12229
- News war
- [Parts 1-3] Looks at the impact of political, cultural, legal and economic forces on the news media. Traces the recent history of American journalism from Watergate to the war on terror and how the freedom of the press is being challenged. [Part 4] Examines the rise of Al Jazeera's influence in the Middle East; also profiles reporters who were killed, jailed or exiled in 2006.
- DVD 4787