Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cristaldi, Franco
- Compagni The Organizer/
- In turn-of-the-twentieth-century Turin, an accident in a textile factory incites workers to stage a walkout. But it's not until they receive unexpected aid from a traveling professor that they find a voice, unite, and stand up for themselves. This historical drama by Mario Monicelli is a beautiful and moving ode to the power of the people, brimming with humor and honesty.
- DVD 8899
- Cristo si è fermato a Eboli Christ stopped at Eboli /
- Levi, an intellectual exiled by the Fascist government during World War II to a mountain village in southern Italy, discovers the resilience and dignity of people who live close to the land.
- DVD 4173
- E la nave va And the ship sails on /
- In 1914, a colorful melange of celebrities embark on a funeral voyage for a dead opera star. An allegorical film blending spectacle, humour, poignance and grotesquerie.
- DVD 779
- Lettera aperta a un giornale della sera Open letter to an evening newspaper /
- Hoping to shake up the complacent Italian Communist Party, a group of leftist radicals sends an incendiary letter to a major evening newspaper declaring their intention to volunteer to fight American troops in Vietnam as a political statement against the war. When the newspaper actually prints the letter, drawing public attention to the situation, the provocateurs must decide whether their commitment to the cause of peace is worth risking their lives. Fragments of the twentieth century (disc 2) is a 110-minute documentary of filmmaker Franco Maselli overview of Italian history featuring interviews with Virna Lisi and Claudia Cardinale.
- DVD 9098
- Salvatore Giuliano
- A documentary-style drama chronicling the rise and fall of the title character, a real-life Mob chieftain who rose to prominence in post-WWII Sicily.
- DVD 1457