Films & Other Videos
Films with: Chasnoff, Debra
- It's elementary talking about gay issues in school ; includes new retrospective documentary It's still elementary /
- An exploration of what happens when experienced teachers talk to their students about lesbians and gay men. Students are asked to consider issues related to homosexuality at six elementary and middle schools. Footage of classroom activities and discussions are presented with students exploring questions and issues presented to them by teachers and guest lecturers who come into their classes. School-wide presentations, activity-days, and how these events affect faculty, parents and teachers are also discussed.
- DVD 6171
- One wedding and a ... revolution
- On February 12, 2004, the mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom, instructed city and county officials to allow lesbian and gay couples to marry. Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon, founders of the first lesbian-rights organization and celebrating their 51st anniversary, were invited to be the first couple married.
- DVD 3979
- Straightlaced how gender's got us all tied up /
- "Meet 50 incredibly diverse students who take us on a powerful, intimate journey to see how popular pressures around gender and sexuality are shaping the lives of today's American teens ... Demonstrates how gender-based expectations are deeply intertwined with homophobia, and also are impacted by race, ethnicity and class. From girls confronting popular messages about culture and body image, to boys who are sexually active just to prove they aren't gay, STRAIGHTLACED reveals the toll that deeply-held stereotypes and rigid gender policing have on all of our lives, and offers both teens and adults a way out of anxiety, fear, and violence" -- Container.
- DVD 7082