Films & Other Videos
Films with: Casar, Amira
- At eternity's gate
- The last years of the great French painter Vincent van Gogh are dramatized. The focus is on the time the artist spent in Ales and Auvers-sur-Oise, France. The art of painting itself and the painter's relationship with the concept of infinity are central themes. Not an exhaustive overview of all events in the final years of Van Gogh's life, but focuses on key elements the artist experienced as he struggled with mental turmoil and produced some of his greatest masterpieces.
- DVD 12935
- Call me by your name
- It's the summer of 1983 in Italy, and Elio, a precocious 17-year-old, spends his days in his family's villa transcribing and playing classical music, reading and flirting with his friend Marzia. One day, Oliver, a charming American scholar arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio's father, an eminent professor. Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.
- DVD 12610
- Born in Boston, MA, in 1932, Plath developed a talent as a writer and published her first poem when she was eight years old. That same year, Plath was forced to confront the unexpected death of her father. In 1950, she began studying at Smith College on a literary scholarship. In 1955, she was granted a Fulbright Scholarship to study in England at Cambridge. There, Plath met Ted Hughes, a respected author. The two fell in love, and married in 1958. However, marriage, family, and a growing reputation as an important poet failed to bring Plath happiness.
- DVD 6152
- Sœurs d'armes
- Deux jeunes Françaises, Kenza et Yaël, rejoignent une brigade de combattantes internationale parties se battre aux côtés des Kurdes. Leur quête croise celle de Zara, une rescapée Yézidie. Issues de cultures différentes mais profondément solidaires, ces Sœurs d'Armes pansent leurs blessures en découvrant la peur qu'elles inspirent à leurs adversaires. Two young French women, Kenza and Yaël, join a brigade of international soldiers fighting alongside the Kurdish forces in Syria in the battle against Muslim extremism. There they meet Zara, a survivor who had been kidnapped and sold as a sex slave. Born in different cultures but deeply united, the women heal their past wounds and discover their present strength, especially the fear they inspire in their opponents: jihadists who are terrified of being killed by women. Together they bond to become true sisters-in-arms.
- DVD 13471
- "Zingarina arrives in Transylavania, accompanied by her close friend Marie and her guide and interpreter Luminitsa. She is not there only to visit this region of Romania but to trace her lover Milan, a musician who has made her pregnant and who left her without a word of explanation. When she finds him back, he brutally rejects her and Zingarina is terribly upset. She leaves her two companions and having become a wreck she hardly survives by following a wandering little girl. Her destiny changes for the best when she meets Tchangalo, a traveling trader ..."--IMDb.
- DVD 9063
- Vérité si je mens Would I lie to you! /
- Eddie Vuibert is a man with no job, no family, and no home. One day, after a fight, Eddie sees his luck turning - a rich entrepreneur from the French fashion district hires him, thinking he is Jewish.
- DVD 8028