Films & Other Videos
Films with: Butler, Shakti
- Cracking the codes : the system of racial inequity /
- " ... Reveals a self-perpetuating system of [racial] inequity in which internal factors play out in external structures: institutions, policy and law."--container.
- DVD 9091
- Light in the shadows
- This video is a follow-up to "The Way Home" and is second in a series of video programs which explores the subject of race and discrimination in the United States. Dialogue takes place between American women of varying ethnic backgrounds.
- DVD 12302
- Mirrors of privilege : making whiteness visible /
- Features the up close and personal stories of white activists and their ongoing journeys of transformation. Participants will talk about being unconscious about their learned and internalized sense of white supremacy. They will share what was required and what actions they took to move through the common first stages of denial, defensiveness, guilt, fear and shame into making solid commitments towards ending racism. The video uses art, theatre, movement, photographs and music to amplify stories that share richly varied experiences and life processes informed by deep reflection and social justice action. The individuals' interviews will also be enhanced by historical sources, spoken word, photographs and video archives which will serve to address systemic racist oppression.
- DVD 5103
- Way home
- "Over the course of eight months, sixty-four women, representing a cross-section of cultures in America, came together to share their experiences of oppression through the lens of race. Separated into eight ethnic councils (Indigenous, African-American, Arab, Asian, European-American, Jewish, Latina and Multi-Racial), the women explore their stories of identity, oppression, and resistance. It is the intention of World Trust to use this video as a catalyst for powerful learning, healing and transformation."--Container.
- DVD 11355