Films & Other Videos
Films with: Burton, Humphrey
- Boris Godunov
- Set at the start of the 17th century, the story concerns the reign of Tsar Boris Godunov, who has murdered the Tsarevich Dmitri in order to obtain the succession, and the challenge made to him by the Pretender Dmitri. The opera is based on Pushkin's historical tragedy of the same name and Karamzin's History of the Russian state.
- DVD 10982
- The comic misadventures of Shakespeare's Sir John Falstaff, adapted from his Merry wives of Windsor and Henry IV by Verdi and Boito.
- DVD 2426
- Ken Russell at the BBC /
- Elgar: A partly dramatized account of the life of classical composer Sir Edward Elgar. The Debussy film: An impression of the music and life of the French composer Claude Debussy. Always on Sunday: An interpretation of the life of French primitive painter Henri Douanier Rousseau. Isadora : the biggest dancer in the world: A dramatized biography of the American dancer Isadora Duncan. Dante's inferno: A film showing the private life of the emotional poet and painter Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Song of summer: A biography of the last five years of Frederick Delius, the blind and paralyzed composer.
- DVD 6644
- Little drummer boy an essay on Gustav Mahler /
- "In his 1985 BBC televsion essay examining the roots of Mahler's inspiration, Leonard Bernstein talks, plays, and conducts the London Symphony, Vienna, and Israel Philharmonic orchestras."--Container.
- DVD 608
- DVD 7830
- Symphonies nos. 9 & 10 Das Lied von der Erde /
- "Filmed on tour at Berlin's Philharmonie, this account of the valedictory Ninth Symphony is an intense interpretation, expressing Bernstein's conviction that modern man had at last caught up with the message encoded in Mahler's last completed work. Having made his famous 1966 studio recording of Das Lied von der Erde in Vienna, Bernstein re-recorded this in Israel with the same searing subjectivity."--Container.
- DVD 8489