Films & Other Videos
Films with: Burroughs, William S.
- Häxan ett kulturhistorist föredrag i levande bilder i 7 avdelningar = Witch : a presentation from a cultural and historical point of view in 7 cha
- In a series of dramatic vignettes to explore the scientific hypothesis that witches of the middle ages and turn-of-the-century psychiatric patients suffer from the same type of hysteria. Its a witches brew of the scary, the gross and the darkly humorous.
- DVD 1682
- Jack Kerouac.
- Kerouac's life is examined through fascinating rare documentary footage and revealing interviews with some of Kerouac's most famous contemporaries and friends. Beginning with his Catholic boyhood, through his development as one of the most important modern American authors, to his self-destructive demise at the age of 49, 'Jack Kerouac: King of the Beats' is both an accurately detailed documentary and a moving drama.
- DVD 9983
- Let it come down the life of Paul Bowles /
- In a series of interviews, Paul Bowles and other writers discuss his life, loves and work.
- DVD 2824
- Naked lunch
- Part-time pest-control man and full-time drug addict Bill Lee (Weller) seeks escape from his troubled existence in 1953 New York and flees to Interzone (a hallucinatory version of Tangiers) where reality and fantasy have merged. It's a strange, surreal landscape inhabited by mugwumps, half-alien, half-insect creatures, man-sized centipedes, carnivorous typewriters and bizarre humans. Compelled to make sense of this alien territory, he writes a book called "Naked lunch."
- DVD 2938
- Poetry in motion
- A performance film of contemporary poets which celebrates poetry's ancient oral tradition. Here twenty-four leading North American poets sing, chant and read from their own works.
- DVD 2211
- What happened to Kerouac?
- Investigates the personal history and creative process of Jack Kerouac, father of the Beat Generation, author of "On the road", and a pivotal figure of the fifties countercultural revolution. Shows what happened when fame and notoriety were thrust upon an essentially reticent man.
- DVD 7160