Films & Other Videos
Films with: Brook, Peter
- Amour de Swann Swann in love /
- Set in Paris in the 1890s, Swann falls in love with a young courtesan, and soon finds himself tormented by his unrelenting sexual desire. Based on the novel by Marcel Proust.
- DVD 2948
- Lord of the flies
- Thirty English schoolboys are stranded on an uncharted island at the start of the "next" war. With no adults present, they quickly turn into savages.
- DVD 281
- The world of The Mahabharata is of profound storytelling power and spiritual import; within it a civilization rises, falls and is reborn.
- DVD 3784
- Meetings with remarkable men
- Story of Gurdjieff's search through the Middle East and Central Asia for an esoteric brotherhood thought to hold answers to the meaning of life.
- DVD 4500
- Persecution and assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as performed by the inmates of the asylum at Charenton under the direction of the Marquis de Sade
- The infamous Marquis de Sade, confined to an asylum, directs the other inmates in a re-enactment of the bloody assassination of French revolutionary Jean-Paul Marat.
- DVD 1815
- Sotigui Kouyaté un Griot moderne = Sotigui Kouyaté : a modern Griot /
- Griot is a West African term that refers to a poet, praise singer, or wandering musician who acts as a repository of oral tradition, preserving and sharing the cultures they interact with. Filmmaker Mahamat-Saleh Haroun presents well-known West African Griot, musician, and actor Sotigui Kouyaté, through travels and interviews with Kouyaté, his family and friends, both in his adopted home of France and his childhood home in West Africa. The film follows Kouyate's career, starting from the childhood experience of his favorite entertainments being replaced by French settlers' formal theatre, through early acting work in Burkina Faso, to Kouyate's eventual arrival in French theatre. Moving with Kouyaté through a number of very different cultures, the film demonstrates Kouyaté's long-standing efforts to share the indigenous arts and heritage of West Africa, including his founding of "The Griot's voice" acting company in France and the Mandeka Theatre in Bamako, Mali.
- DVD 7741