Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bréhat, Jean
- Camille Claudel 1915
- Shows Camille Claudel, a protégé and mistress of Auguste Rodin, in 1915 when she was imprisoned in an insane asylum. Camille was also the sister of the Christian mystic poet Paul Claudel, the last of her family to pay her regular visits. Inspired by the correspondence between Paul and Camille, the movie focuses on Camille 's struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy in a crowd of schizophrenics. Suffering from bouts of paranoia, she focuses on her art and her family as pillars of sanity, until those too begin to crumble.
- DVD 13406
- Hors la loi Outside the law /
- Three brothers fight for Algeria's independence from France after World War II.
- DVD 8652
- Indigènes Days of glory /
- The tale of a 1943 WWII French Algerian Unit facing discrimination by its European counterparts due to prejudice and ignorance. The French armed forces are preparing to land troops in Europe to win back their homeland from the Axis Powers, but they cannot accomplish their task without recruiting men from their African colonies. The Africans themselves start their long journey full of hope and anticipation, but as they get closer to their goal they realize that their enemy is not necessarily the Germans.
- DVD 4977
- Little Senegal
- Alloune, a guide at tourist site devoted to the history of slavery in Senegal, immigrates to New York City and falls in love.
- DVD 3829
- London river
- Follows Elizabeth as she travels to London in the immediate aftermath of the bombings on July 7, 2005, after failing to hear from her daughter. Elizabeth is disturbed by the confusion of the metropolis and above all, by the predominantly Muslim neighborhood where her daughter lived. Her fear and prejudice escalate when she discovers her daughter was converting to Islam as she keeps crossing paths with Ousmane, a West African who has come from France to find his missing son.
- DVD 8944