Films & Other Videos
Films with: Brandauer, Klaus Maria
- Documentary on the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a young German theologian who was one of the first to openly resist Adolf Hitler. Features photographs, archival footage, and interviews with family members, friends, students, and associates of Bonhoeffer, including the last interview with Bonhoeffer's close friend and histori & an, Eberhard Bethge.
- DVD 6960
- Oberst Redl Colonel Redl /
- "In the early part of the 20th Century, Alfred Redl ruthlessly rises from his peasant background to become a high-ranking member of the Imperial Austrian military. But when Redl is sent to spy on the Russian Empire, his espionage is compromised by his secret double life as a homosexual. As the world perches on the brink of was, Redl finds himself trapped in a web of deception where honor, grandeur and greed can only be betrayed by one final shocking act of fate" -- Container. German with optional English subtitles.
- DVD 1754
- Out of Africa
- The true story of Karen Blixen, a strong-willed woman who runs a coffee plantation in Kenya in 1914.
- DVD 447
- Russia house
- Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer both deliver exceptional performances as two people - he from England, she from Russia - caught up in a world of spies and politics, whose love could prove fatal to them both. When Katya, a beautiful Russian book editor attempts to send British publisher Barley Blair a manuscript written by "DANTE", a noted Soviet scientist, she unwittingly involves him in a world of international espionage. Having met Blair at a dinner party, Dante trusts him to publish the manuscript, which contains information that could alter the balance of world power. But before the manuscript reaches Blair it is intercepted by the West's spy-masters, who then send Blair to Russia to gain more information on the mysterious manuscript. But when Blair falls in love with Katya, he must decide whose side he is really on.
- DVD 1875
- Naive, 17-year-old Bennie goes to Buenos Aires to search for his older brother whom he has not seen for ten years. With the success of their father Carlo, a renowned symphony conductor, the family moved from Argentina to New York. When Bennie finds his brother, Tetro, he is surprised to find that he is not the person he remembered. While staying with Tetro and his girlfriend Miranda, the two brothers grapple with the haunting experiences of their shared past.
- DVD 8651