Films & Other Videos
Films with: Boekelheide, Todd
- Ballets Russes
- Presents an oral history of the Ballets Russes from the point of view of its many surviving performers. Dancers discuss working with George Balanchine. Includes performance footage.
- DVD 4674
- Homeland four portraits of Native action.
- Filmed against some of America's most spectacular backdrops, from Alaska to Maine and Montana to New Mexico, this award-winning film profiles Native American activists who are fighting to protect Indian lands, preserve their sovereignty and ensure the cultural survival of their peoples. Nearly all 317 Native American reservations in the U.S. face grave environmental threats - toxic waste, strip mining, oil drilling and nuclear contamination. A moving tribute to the power of grassroots organizing, Homeland is also a call-to-action against the current dismantling of thirty years of environmental laws.
- DVD 3991
- In the matter of Cha Jung Hee
- "Her passport said she was Cha Jung Hee. She knew she was not. So began a 40 year deception for a Korean adoptee who came to the US in 1966. Told to keep her true identity a secret from her new American family, this 8 year old girl quickly forgot she was ever anyone else. But why had her identity been switched? And who was the real Cha Jung Hee? In the Matter of Cha Jung Hee is the search to find the answers, as acclaimed filmmaker Deann Borshay Liem (First person plural, PBS 2000) returns to her native Korea to find her "double," the mysterious girl whose place she took in America. As seen on PBS on the award-winning series, Point of View (POV)"--Container.
- DVD 8232
- Midwife's tale
- Tells the story of two women, 200 years apart, linked together by the massive yet cryptic diary one of them left behind. The life and world of Martha Ballard, a frontier midwife in Maine, is reconstructed through her diary. She lived through the economic boom and bust, and political and social turmoil of the decades following the American Revolution.
- DVD 10305
- Follows New Orleans residents as they attempt the daunting task of trying to reunite with their pets, who have been adopted by families all over the country after Hurricane Katrina. Chronicles the custody battles that arise when two families love the same pet. Who determines the fate of the animals and the people involved? Examines how we treat animals as an extension of how we view and treat each other.
- DVD 8019
- Story of fathers & sons
- Over 400 men and boys were interviewed for this film about the relationship between fathers and sons. The result is a broadly diverse story about real-life fathers and sons of every age, race and emotion. Also includes the stories of NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal, teen TV star Zachery Ty Bryan and actor Edward James Olmos.
- DVD 11464