Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bodrov, Sergeĭ
- Brat Brother /
- "Danila Bagrov, just demobbed from the army, returns to his quiet, provincial home town. But life is monotonous and boring in this Russian backwoods, so he is heading for faraway Petersburg, to his elder brother who, as he heard, is doing quite well there and might help his darling little brother to start a new life. On his arrival in Petersburg, Danila discovers that his brother is indeed doing well, having mastered the profession of a contract killer. And Danila decides to follow suit."--Container.
- DVD 4662
- Est-ouest East-West /
- Follows the plight of a young couple and their child as they choose to go back to the Soviet Union in 1946.
- DVD 1942
- Kavkazskiĭ plennik Prisoner of the mountains /
- A Russian army patrol is ambushed by Caucasian rebels and two survivors are taken prisoner, by a local patriarch who is hoping to barter them for the release of his captured son. A bond of understanding develops between the soldiers and their captors, but it is broken when plans for their release go awry and a chain of violence and retaliation is precipitated.
- DVD 1803
- Delves into the dramatic and harrowing early years of the ruler who was born as Temudgin in 1162. Follows Temudgin from his perilous childhood to the battle that sealed his destiny. Shows the future conqueror and revealing him not as the evil brute, but as an inspiring, fearless and visionary leader.
- DVD 6391
- Shiza Schizo /
- This beautiful and moving feature, set in modern-day Kazakhstan, depicts the hard choices a young man makes when he's caught between poverty, crime and love, guided only by his wits and his better nature.
- DVD 6437
- War Fan kong zhan xian /
- A Siberian soldier leads a British actor into war-torn Chechnya to rescue the latter's girlfriend from Islamic extremists.
- DVD 6404