Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bloom, John
- Angels in America
- Set in 1985. Revolves around two very different men with AIDS, one fictional, one fictionalized. Roy Cohn, personifies all the hypocrisy, delusion and callousness of the official response to the plague. Nothing shakes Roy's lack of empathy: even on his death bed, he's fighting with his gay nurse and taunting the woman he helped put to death, Ethel Rosenberg. The other patient is Prior Walter, who is visited by an angel and deserted by his self-pitying lover, Louis. Louis moves on to a relationship with Joe Pitt, a Mormon lawyer whose closeted homosexuality drives his wife to delusions and brings his mother to New York.
- DVD 3105
- French lieutenant's woman
- A woman, ostracized by Victorian society and abandoned by her French lieutenant lover, fascinates a man who resolves to unravel the mystery of her clandestine past.
- DVD 1900
- To stop a racist killer Shaft's got to track down the only eyewitness that can put the bad guy behind bars. As Shaft closes in, so does the danger. Up against corrupt cops and venomous druglords Shaft's out to make crime pay up.
- DVD 2152
- An English professor, who alienates her students, has always had control over her life. That is until she is diagnosed with a devasting illness. She agrees to undergo a series of procedures that are brutal, extensive and experimental. She finds that the fine line between life and death can only be walked with wit.
- DVD 1675