Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bisaillon, Yves
- Affaire Coca-Cola The Coca-Cola case = El caso Coca-Cola /
- "Colombia is the trade union murder capital of the world. Since 2002, more than 470 workers' leaders have been brutally killed, usually by paramilitaries hired by private companies intent on crushing the unions. Among these unscrupulous corporate brands is the poster boy for American business: Coca-Cola. These unpunished crimes spur U.S. activists David [i.e. Dan] Kovalik, Terry Collingsworth and Ray Rogers into an ambitious crusade against the soft drink giant. A searing indictment of a major corporate brand, The Coca-Cola Case takes us on a riveting legal game of cat and mouse via the U.S. federal court and the Stop Killer Coke! campaign"--NFB website.
- DVD 8085
- Nadia's journey
- As a young woman, Nadia Zouaoui vowed that her suffering would not be in vain. When she was 19, her parents forced her into an arranged marriage with an Algerian man twice her age living in Montreal. He chose her based on a photograph. Years later, she returns to Kabylie, Algeria to see if things are any different. This is her journey into the patriarchal culture backed by strict Muslim tradition and the cruelty endured by so many girls and women held captive in their homes.
- DVD 5168
- Tales of sand and snow
- Hyacinthe Combary, an immigrant to Montréal, wonders if he has done the right thing by leaving his native Burkina Faso. He searches for the answer among the indigenous Atikamekw in Wemotaci, Quebec, who have a culture similar to his own.
- DVD 4835
- Who shot my brother?
- Documentary film about corruption in Colombia. Filmmaker German Gutierrez attempts to find out who shot his brother Oscar Gutierrez, a political activist in Colombia.
- DVD 4771