Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bardet, Pierre-Olivier
- Danse le Ballet de l'Opéra de Paris /
- Follows the rehearsals and performances of seven ballets: Genus by Wayne McGregor, Medea by Angelin Preljocaj, The House of Bernarda Alba by Mats Ek, Paquita by Pierre Lacotte, The Nutcracker by Rudolph Nureyev, Orpheus and Eurydice by Pina Bausch, and Romeo and Juliet by Sasha Waltz. The film shows the work involved in administering the company and the coordinated and collaborative work of choreographers, ballet masters, dancers, musicians, and costume, set, and lighting designers.
- DVD 11476
- Dernière lettre The last letter /
- In 1941, a Russian-Jewish doctor recites her final letter to her son as she awaits her destruction at the hands of the Nazis in a Jewish ghetto in German-occupied Berdychev. In her letter, she describes conditions within the ghetto and the futile but necessary efforts to maintain a semblance of normal life.
- DVD 7390
- Élégie de la traversée
- In Élégie de la traversée, Sokurov crosses vast terrain, sails the high seas, and stumbles through congested cities to arrive at the doors of the empty Boijmans Museum in Rotterdam. Only then does he discover that the goal of his voyage was to bask in the power of St. Mary's Square, a beautiful landscape by Peter Saenredam. In Rober, schastlivai︠a︡ zhiznʹ, the director meditates on the work of French romantic artist Hubert Robert, whose paintings of lost ruins evoke the same nostalgia and lyricism of Sokurov's own moody films.
- DVD 5064
- Glenn Gould the alchemist /
- DVD 5844
- National Gallery
- "Frederick Wiseman's National Gallery takes the audience behind the scenes of a London institution, on a journey to the heart of a museum inhabited by masterpieces of western art from the Middle Ages to the 19th century. The film includes shots of 255 of the Gallery's paintings and portrays the day-to-day work of curators, conservators, art handlers ... National Gallery is the portrait of a place, its way of working and relations with the world, its staff and public, and its paintings"--Container.
- DVD 11477