Films & Other Videos
Films with: Balibar, Jeanne
- Comédie de l'innocence The comedy of innocence /
- Shortly after his 9th birthday, Camille tells his mother Ariane that he is really Paul, and that he would like to return to his "real" mother, Isabella, who lives on the other side of town. Alarmed at first, but willing to humor him, she takes him to Isabella's and is startled to find out he knows her apartment intimately. It turns out that Isabella's son drowned two years earlier. Is Camille the reincarnation of Isabella's dead son?
- DVD 4651
- Duchesse de Langeais Duchess of Langeais /
- "In Majorca, in 1823, a French general, Armand de Montriveau, overhears a cloistered nun singing in a chapel; he insists on speaking to her. She is Antoinette, for five years he has searched for her. Flash back to their meeting in Paris, he recently returned from Africa, she married and part of the highest society. She flirts with him, and soon he's captivated. His behavior is possessive, insistent. Then, it is her turn to become obsessed. Letters, balls, scandal, a kidnapping, and an ultimatum bring her to the cloister and him to melancholy"--IMdB.
- DVD 7770
- Fin août, début septembre Late August, early September /
- "Centers on a cadre of thirty-something Parisians coming to grips with romantic uncertainty, professional upheaval and the looming spectre of their own mortality."-- Container.
- DVD 1936
- Panique au village Town called Panic /
- A stop-motion animated film about toys come to life, based on the Belgian television series with the same title. Cowboy and Indian give Horse a homemade brick barbecue for his birthday, but too many bricks arrive and they destroy their house. Surreal adventures follow as the trio travels to the center of the earth, treks across frozen tundra, and discovers a parallel underwater universe where dishonest creatures live. With panic a permanent feature of life in this papier-mâché town, will Horse and his girlfriend ever be alone?
- DVD 7619
- When a prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the UK and France, detectives Karl Roebuck and Elise Wassermann are sent to investigate on behalf of their respective countries. The case takes a surreal turn when a shocking discovery is made at the crime scene, forcing the French and British police into an uneasy partnership.
- DVD 11870
- Va savoir Who knows? /
- DVD 1407