Films & Other Videos
Films with: Baitz, Rick
- Body & soul Diana & Kathy /
- The story of the remarkable friendship between Diana Braun, who has Down Syndrome, and Kathy Conour, who has cerebral palsy. The two met over three decades ago, and have been roommates, friends, and partners in political activism ever since.
- DVD 7843
- Domestic violence and health care best practices in action /
- Domestic Violence and Health Care offers an inside look at the best practices at highly regarded Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. We follow doctors and nurses in the ER, the mother-baby unit, pre-op and other departments. They share candid observations about domestic violence prevention in medicine and offer specific, practical suggestions. We also speak with Colleen Moore, Coordinator of Mercy's family violence program, and go with her around the hospital and into the community. The video also offers a look into Mercy's Sexual Assault Forensic Examination program, and the SAFE unit's pioneering effort to bring forensic examination techniques into domestic violence cases, including coordinating with the police department. Produced by an award-winning team of documentary film makers, the video is cinematic, fast paced and engaging.
- DVD 9118
- Power and control domestic violence in America /
- A dramatic and timely exploration of domestic abuse, which examines the persistence of violence against women in the US, through the story of Kim, a mother of three in Duluth, MN. Duluth was the birthplace of a revolution in the way society approaches battering, and the film tells the story of the leaders from Duluth who remain on the front lines today. The film also looks at the debate launched by researchers and academics who have challenged the Duluth approach. Recommended for courses in sociology, social work, women's studies, political science, law enforcement and laws.
- DVD 7920