Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bainbridge, Catherine
- Heavy metal a mining disaster in Northern Québec /
- In contrast to its image as a vast expanse of untouched wilderness, Canada is littered with thousands of old mining sites. Most are thought to be contaminated, and many are located near Native communities. Heavy Metal: A Mining Disaster in Northern Quebec provides a sobering case study and a heart-wrenching account of two men who dare to raise the alarm about a potential environmental and public health disaster.
- DVD 13288
- Mohawk girls
- DVD 3947
- Reel injun
- Travelling through the heartland of America, Cree filmmaker Neil Diamond examines how the myth of the movie "Injun" has influenced the world's understanding - and misunderstanding - of Natives. With clips from hundreds of classic and recent films, and candid interviews with celebrated Native and non-Native directors, writers, actors and activists, including Clint Eastwood, Robbie Robertson, Sacheen Littlefeather, John Trudell, Charlie Hill and Russell Means, Reel Injun traces the evolution of cinema's depiction of Native people from the silent film era to the present day.
- DVD 8067
- Rumble the Indians who rocked the world /
- "This revelatory documentary brings to light the profound and overlooked influence of Indigenous people on popular music in North America. Focusing on music icons like Link Wray, Jimi Hendrix, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Taboo (The Black Eyed Peas), Charley Patton, Mildred Bailey, Jesse Ed Davis, Robbie Robertson, and Randy Castillo, RUMBLE: The Indians Who Rocked the World shows how these pioneering Native American musicians helped shape the soundtracks of our lives. The idea for RUMBLE came about when guitarist Stevie Salas, an Apache Indian and one of the film's Executive Producers, realized that no one outside of the music business knew about the profound contribution of these Native musicians. Renewed attention to this missing chapter in the history of American music led to the publishing of Brian Wright-McLeod's The Encyclopedia of Native Music, an exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, and eventually this documentary." -- Container
- DVD 12970