Films & Other Videos
Films with: Azéma, Sabine
- Dimanche à la campagne A Sunday in the country /
- Monsieur Ladmiral, an aging impressionist painter, spends his usual Sunday afternoon visit with his family ruminating over life's small pleasures and inevitable disappointments until his daughter Irene arrives. Irene, a whirlwind of activity for whom life itself is an art, has a magical reviving effect on her father and the world suddenly takes on the beautiful hues and feelings of an Impressionist masterpiece.
- DVD 783
- Fille du puisatier The well-digger's daughter /
- In pre-World War II France, a father is torn between his sense of honor and his deep love for his saintly daughter when she gets in trouble with a dashing air force pilot.
- DVD 10074
- Vie et rien d'autre Life and nothing but /
- Two years after World War I, Major Dellaplane helps two women search for the men they have lost in the war.
- DVD 5644
- Vous n'avez encore rien vu You ain't seen nothin' yet /
- Based on two works by the playwright Jean Anouilh, this film opens with a who's-who of French acting royalty being summoned to the reading of a late playwright's last will and testament. This is an alternately wry and wistful valentine to actors and the art of performance from a director long fascinated by the intersection of life, theater and cinema.
- DVD 10358