Films & Other Videos
Films with: Atkins, Charles E.
- American pluralism nurturing interfaith dialogue /
- Surveys America's increasingly pluralistic spiritual landscape via The Pluralism Project at Harvard University; the Interfaith Center at the Presidio; Inter-Faith Ministries, in Wichita; and the United Religions Initiative, in San Francisco.
- DVD 7493
- Evolving with the Bible controversy, conciliation, and the Bible's place in American culture /
- Examines the place of the Bible in American culture and variations in its interpretation, especially related to evolution and creation.
- DVD 7534
- Finger pointing at the moon transcending religion to achieve unity in the divine /
- Facing unprecedented challenges on a global level, many people think we're passing through a major transitional phase in human history. They contend that the basic images guiding our lives must change in order for us to successfully deal with these challenges.
- DVD 7499
- Mysticism and the perennial philosophy Huston Smith speaks /
- A noted scholar of world religions, Huston Smith experienced a profound change in worldview when he read The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley. The Islamic scholar Seyyed Hossein Nasr notes that the "philosophia perennis" lies at the heart of all religious traditions.
- DVD 7500
- Science and spirituality convergence of the sublimes /
- In bringing together proponents of science and spirituality, this program proposes to encourage the overlapping of these contrasting worldviews in a revolutionary union of wisdom and, by joining strength to strength, facilitate the salvation of the Earth as humankind stands at the brink of global environmental catastrophe.
- DVD 7535
- Spirituality of co-creation partnering with God /
- The prevailing monotheistic religions have been dominated by a top-down approach based upon a paternalistic model. This model is being called into question by some who assert that human beings must step forward to accept greater responsibility for our actions while becoming more attuned to transpersonal creative energies.
- DVD 7501