Films & Other Videos
Films with: Armstrong, Franny
- Age of stupid
- Pete Postlethwaite (the only fictional character) stars as an archivist living alone in the devastated future world of 2055, who spends his days looking at old footage from the years leading up to 2015 when a cataclysmic climate change took place. As he sifts through the relics of our lost and misguided civilization, the archivist asks why Earth's inhabitants did nothing to reverse the effects of climate change while they still had the chance.
- DVD 7705
- Baked Alaska
- Documentary about how rising temperatures and the battle over the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) are impacting life in Alaska.
- DVD 7948
- Drowned out
- The people of Jalsindhi in central India must make a decision fast. In the next few weeks, their village will disappear underwater as the giant Narmada Dam fills. Author Arundhati Roy joins the fight against the dam and asks difficult questions: will the water go to poor farmers or to rich industrialists? What happened to the 16 million people displaced by fifty years of dam building? Follows the Jalsindhi villagers through hunger strikes, rallies, police brutality and a six year Supreme Court case. It stays with them as the dam fills and the river starts to rise.
- DVD 6453
- McLibel two people who wouldn't say McSorry /
- Two Greenpeace activists were among a group who distributed a leaflet outlining the wrong doings on varous fronts by McDonald's Corporation. Instead of appologizing as required under British law the two fought them in court with a minimal budget and no staff costing McDonald's millions of pounds in court costs.
- DVD 6465