Films & Other Videos
Films with: Amenábar, Alejandro
- Abre los ojos Open your eyes /
- In this steamy, intriguingly complex, psychological thriller the line between reality and fantasy is hopelessly blurred. César tries to make sense of his life after a car crash leaves his once-handsome face grotesquely disfigured. After he is placed into a psychiatric penitentiary for a murder he doesn't remember committing, César's only hope is to delve into the depths of his subconscious mind where the answer to ending his living nightmare lies in his dreams.
- DVD 1184
- Set at the end of the 4th century, a young slave in ancient Egypt must choose between joining the Christianity movement, which will give him freedom, and Hypatia, the woman he loves, who is his master and an atheist.
- DVD 10836
- Mar adentro The sea inside /
- "[Biography of] Spaniard Ramón Sampedro, who fought a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life"--Container.
- DVD 4387
- A devoutly religious mother of two ailing children has moved with her family to a mansion on the English coast. Her two children both suffer from a rare photosensitivity disease that renders them extremely vulnerable to sunlight, prompting the rule of having only one door open in the house at a time. When one of the children claims to see ghosts, Grace at first believes her newly arrived family of eccentric servants to be responsible, but chilling events and visions soon lead her to believe that something supernatural is indeed going on.
- DVD 2454
- Angela is preparing a thesis on violence and the media. Figueroa, her project director, accidentally discovers a film and on the following day he turns up dead. Angela's curiosity gets her in up to her neck.
- DVD 689