Films & Other Videos
Films with: Alpert, Jon
- Addiction a 14-part series /
- Strives to break through the myths and explain what addiction really is, what causes it, and how to get the best available treatments.
- DVD 6981
- Cinderella season the Lady Vols fight back /
- Winners of the 1996 NCAA Women's Basketball Championship, the University of Tennessee's Lady Volunteers seemed poised to contend for the trophy again. But halfway through the 1997 season, the team was losing almost every important game. Even the remarkable efforts of All-American forward Chamique Holdsclaw could not keep the team from falling apart. Could this team really win again?
- DVD 5098
- Health care your money or your life /
- Explores the differences between health care for the poor in the U.S. and for people with insurance or ability to pay. Asks whether health care is a right or a privilege. Includes archival film footage of presidential speeches about health care during two decades, comparing these promises with the present reality. Includes interviews with patients, medical personnel, and social workers.
- DVD 12913
- In Tahrir Square 18 days of Egypt's unfinished revolution /
- Shot in the center of Egypt's Tahrir Square from the beginning of the battles to the climax of the celebration, 'In Tahrir Square - 18 Days of Egypt's Unfinished Revolution' helps audiences experience first-hand the people-powered revolt that brought down a dictator and changed Egypt forever. -- IMDB.
- DVD 10622
- Wartorn 1861-2010
- Beginning with the first documented cases from the Civil War, the film examines occurrences of PTSD through two World Wars and Vietnam, as well as more recent cases involving soldiers who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The stories are told through soldiers' revealing letters and journals; photographs and combat footage; first-person interviews with veterans of WWII, the Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm, and Operation Iraqi Freedom; and interviews with family members of soldiers with PTSD.
- DVD 8283