Films & Other Videos
Films with: Allen, Steve
- Benny Goodman story
- The music of Benny Goodman comes to life in this musical biography of the famed King of Swing. Featuring all the outstanding songs and instrumentals made famous by the immortal clarinetist, the story follows the innovative musician from his childhood in Chicago to his historic concert at Carnegie Hall in 1938.
- DVD 8462
- CO₂ /
- Can we stop, or even reverse global warming? Innovation Nation follows the work of a Nobel Prize winning scientist on the Canadian prairies, an inventor in New York who has designed a unique synthetic tree, and a mega-project in Europe where CO2 instead of being sent skyward, is stored far out of harm's way deep beneath the sea bed, and a company in California that is attempting to convert carbon dioxide into fuel..
- DVD 7916
- Miss Nelson has a field day ... and Miss Nelson is back /
- The football team just can't win a game. The whole town is down in the dumps - that is until the notorious Viola Swamp whips the team into shape. Miss Nelson has to have her tonsils removed and while she is away her students are up to no good. They have managed to fool the principal, but not Viola Swamp. Now the kids can't wait for Miss Nelson to return.
- DVD 3658
- Pioneers of primetime
- A tribute to the icons of early television and an entertaining retrospective on the golden age of television comedy. Includes footage from shows such as "The Milton Berle show", "The Ed Sullivan show", "The Jack Benny show", "The Red Skelton show", "I love Lucy", and "The Honeymooners." Six years in the making, the program features exclusive in-depth interviews with an unprecedented collection of TV's early stars.
- DVD 4788
- What happened to Kerouac?
- Investigates the personal history and creative process of Jack Kerouac, father of the Beat Generation, author of "On the road", and a pivotal figure of the fifties countercultural revolution. Shows what happened when fame and notoriety were thrust upon an essentially reticent man.
- DVD 7160