Films & Other Videos
Films with: Alexander, Khandi
- A look at the lives of a poor African-American family, all of whom are involved at some level in the West Baltimore drug trade.
- DVD 6378
- Fahrenheit 451
- In a not too distant future, humans live a seemingly care-free existence where they're happy and productive. There is a "price" though for this life: They must place special drops in their eyes daily and follow the rules perfectly, including the rule that they never own or read books. Guy Montag is a firefighter. He doesn't fight fires though, but instead hunts down those people who refuse to follow the law and burns their books. Like everyone else, Guy has been taught that books are filled with inaccuracies and insane ideas. He continues to believe this lie until a meets someone who teaches him that the dreams in his mind can only be explained through the knowledge found in books. He also learns that rebels have come up with a new way to save books from the firefighters. When Guy's mentor, Captain Beatty, comes to realize that Guy has joined the rebellion, Guy must make a difficult decision to save the collective thoughts of the human race.
- DVD 12794
- Amid the ruins of New Orleans, ordinary people--musicians, chefs, residents--find themselves clinging to a unique culture and wondering if the city that gave birth to that culture still has a future.
- DVD 7990
- "Over a year has passed since Katrina, but residents are finding it harder than ever to rebuild their lives, much less hold on to their special cultural identity ... So why bother to stay? Because it's New Orleans. And New Orleans must go on."--Container.
- DVD 8921
- New Orleans, 38 months after. The city's musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians, and others continue to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. But the promise of recovery, heightened by the historic election of a new president, is tempered by sobering economics, continued police corruption, and the ongoing specter of violence and crime. In these five final episodes of Treme, New Orleans' protagonists strive to build their own legacy in this most iconic of American cities.
- DVD 13086
- Rampant crime and government ineptitude continue to cripple the city's recovery, with outside profiteers looking to cash in on short-term gains. The series' focus is still on ordinary people, but they no longer accept their lack of influence on the institutions that have controlled the city.
- DVD 13085